We’re back! Sorry, it’s been a while, but what better timing to start blogging again than the start of The Great British Bake Off! Whilst we can’t be sure how the new line up will go down, we are sure that you’ll love this incredibly delicious cinnamon cake crammed full of moreish chocolate and hazelnut spread.
For the cake:
175g softened butter
175g granulated sugar
3 free-range eggs
200g self-raising flour
1tsp baking powder
1tsp ground cinnamon
75g chocolate and hazelnut spread (we used Nutella)
For the topping:
1 1/2 tbsp granulated sugar
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 180C/fan 160C and grease and line a 20cm cake tin.
- Cream together the butter and sugar before adding the flour, eggs, baking powder, cinnamon and milk. Beat until all combined.
- Warm the chocolate and hazelnut spread in the microwave for about 30 secs so that it is a bit runnier. Then spoon about 2/3 of the batter into the cake tin and level. Drizzle over the warmed chocolate and hazelnut spread before dolloping the rest of the cake batter and levelling
- Bake in the oven for an hour (can be up to 70 minutes depending on your oven)
- Whilst the cake is still hot, chop up 10 grams of butter and spread over the top of the cake either with a knife or pastry brush.
- Mix together the granulated sugar and cinnamon in a separate bowl and sprinkle over the cake.
- Leave the cake to cool on a wire rack and enjoy!