Delicious twist for a trifle using our Blueberry and Vanilla Muffin Mix. So simple to make and so tasty, this will be a favourite with everyone!
– Cookie Crumbles Marvellous Blueberry & Vanilla Muffin Mix
– 1 orange, or 70ml orange juice
– 50ml milk
– 200ml double cream
– 500g ready- made custard – we used Ambrosia’s deluxe
– A handful of berries to garnish
1. Make the blueberry muffin mix, according to the instructions on the the pack. Once baked leave to cool.
2. Remove paper cases from muffins and cut each muffin into 3 slices lengthways. Leave to one side.
3. Juice the orange into a bowl a medium sized bowl and stir in the milk, give this a little stir. Dip the muffin slices into the juice mixture, covering both sides.
4. Place half of the soaked muffin slices into the bottom of a dish, glass or bowl.
5. Pour around half of the custard onto the muffin slices, spreading it out evenly.
6. Repeat this process again, layering some more soaked muffin slices and the rest of the custard, leaving the top.
7. Whip the double cream until softly peaking. Gently spread or pipe the cream evenly on the top custard layer.
8. Garnish with berries or sprinkles.
Chill until ready to serve.
To watch the video of this trifle being made find us on TikTok @cookiecrumbles_uk