Blueberry loaf cake with cream cheese icing and fresh blueberries using our Marvellous Blueberry & Vanilla Muffin Mix. Super easy to make and awesomely tasty!
– 2 packets Marvellous Blueberry & Vanilla Muffin Mix
– 2 eggs
– 200 ml vegetable oil
– 120ml water
For the icing:
– 75g/3oz unsalted butter, at room temperature
– 30g/2 tbsp caster sugar
– 150g/41/2oz full-fat cream cheese
– Fresh blueberries for decoration
1. Preheat oven to 180C/Fan 170C/Gas 4. Prepare the muffin mixes , as per instruction on the packet. Line a 450g loaf tin with baking parchment. Spoon the cake mix into the tin and level the top. Place in the oven and bake for 60 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean. Remove from tin and leave to cool.
For the icing, place the butter in a large bowl with the caster sugar. Beat the butter and sugar together for 2-3 minutes until light and creamy. Then beat in the cream cheese until smooth. Do not overbeat or the icing may turn runny. Spread icing over the cooled cake and decorate with fresh blueberries.